Saturday, August 10, 2019

Maker Faire Detroit 2019



Making is just so much.  If you haven't experienced it in awhile, I highly encourage you to get back at it.  I know you've done it in the past and I know it's given you a smile.  That's what making does.  It makes you feel good.  I am always striving to bring making into my teaching.  I visited the Maker Faire in Detroit a few weeks ago and loved every second of it.  I was fortunate to hear Sherry Huss, founder of Maker Faire, speak back in May.  She is the reason I attended in Detroit.  What an inspiration!!

ImageImage

The vibe at Maker Faire is the best thing about it.  Everyone wants to make, to share, to smile.  It's super laid back, inviting, and comfortable.  There is very little intimidation and very much interaction.  I would highly encourage you to take one in. 

I've visited the Mini Maker Faires before and those are pretty great too.  This is just such an amazing scale of creativity and collaboration.  It was the ten year anniversary for Detroit.  I'd very much like to get to the World Maker Faire or the Flagship Maker Faire.  Neither of them are on my budget/calendar at this time but they are definitely on my watch list.  Check out their site to see what may work out for you - https://makerfaire.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Maker Faire Detroit 2019

Making is just so much.  If you haven't experienced it in awhile, I highly encourage you to get back at it.  I know you've don...